Dreams Don't Expire

 Four Years Later, I’m Back

Four years ago, I started this blog with absolutely no idea what I was doing.

Then life happened.

I stopped writing. I got busy. I worked. I grew. I changed. I made mistakes. I loved. I got my heart broken. I travelled. I ran marathons. I started businesses. I dreamed some more.

And somewhere along the way, I turned 37.

And now, four years later, I’m back.

But I’m not the same woman who started this blog.

I have lived a little more. Learned a lot more. And, perhaps most importantly, I have finally realised that there is no expiry date on becoming the person you always dreamed of being.

Sixteen years after leaving college, I have gone back.

At 37.

I am currently studying a Diploma in  Public Relations and Diplomacy, while also pursuing  an Undergraduate in Business Administration. Because apparently, one credential isn't enough for this girl. 😂

But there is a bigger reason behind all of this;

I have spent years doing what was necessary. Working. Surviving. Showing up. Taking care of responsibilities. Putting dreams aside because there were always more immediate things that needed my attention.

And I don’t regret those years.

They made me who I am.

But now?

It’s my turn to dream out loud.

I want to build a career in Public Relations and communications. I want to learn how brands are built, how stories are told, how reputations are protected and how people connect with ideas.

  • I want to build businesses.
  • I want to grow my personal brand.
  • I want to create content.
  • I want to travel to places I’ve only imagined.
  • I want to run more marathons.
  • I want to keep challenging myself physically, mentally and professionally.


And yes, one more wild thing,

I still have a dream of becoming a billboard model. 😂

At 37, because why not?

I’ve always wanted to see myself on a giant billboard somewhere, dressed beautifully, looking at traffic while someone somewhere says, “Wait… isn’t that Lady Vibrant?” 😍

It might happen....

And if it doesn’t, at least I will have had the courage to try. That’s the thing about this new chapter of my life.

I’m no longer interested in convincing myself that I’m too old, too late, too inexperienced or too anything. I am interested in finding out what is actually possible when I give myself permission to try.

So this blog is coming with me.

It will be my little corner of the internet where I document the journey—the wins, the failures, the ridiculous moments, the lessons, the books I’m reading, the businesses I’m building, the places I’m going, the things I’m learning and the dreams I’m chasing.

  • There will be career reinvention.
  • There will be business and money conversations.
  • There will be stories about going back to school at 37.
  • There will be Public Relations.
  • There will be adventures.
  • There will probably be some questionable decisions. 😂
  • And there will definitely be plenty of vibrance.


I don’t have everything figured out. Far from it.

But for the first time in a long time, I feel like I’m giving myself permission to explore all the versions of myself that I never got the chance to become.

So here’s to 37.

Here’s to going back to school.

Here’s to changing careers.

Here’s to building businesses.

Here’s to becoming a billboard model someday.

Here’s to all the dreams that survived the years I spent putting them on hold.

And here’s to discovering just how far this vibrant life can go.


Welcome back to My Vibrant Journal.

Four years later…

I’m just getting started. ✨

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THIS IS WHY I RUN...

My First Time.....

Introducing myself..